Jointed rails locomotives

Discuss almost anything about RailWorks.

Jointed rails locomotives

Unread postby glenn68 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:19 pm

I was on Jointed Rails website, are all of the listed locomotives for Railworks?

Thanks,
Glenn
glenn68

Re: Jointed rails locomotives

Unread postby micaelcorleone » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:24 pm

No, unfortunately not. *!sad!*
This would be so wonderful, but they only develop for MSTS or Trainz (?). I just don't know why. !*don-know!* !*not-ok*!
micaelcorleone

Unread postby styckx » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Wasn't long ago they tried. Some rep from them tried passing off the idea of building and selling a cabless locomotive with the promise of sometime later those who bought it would get a free upgrade that would include a cab for it. After a bunch of community members basically said that was a dumb idea the rep from JR responded maturely and professionally and was never heard from again.
Last edited by styckx on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
styckx

Unread postby thecanadianrail » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:15 pm

well they did make the gp38-2 for rw if you look at their site i think it says somewhere that RW products are in development. (i assume they stalled for now)
Canadian National Railways
Courtesy and Service
My youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianRailRoader

Route Progress:
Can West RR - 10%
MRL Missoula to Thompson Falls - 3%
thecanadianrail

Unread postby Trainguy76 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:19 pm

thecanadianrail wrote: if you look at their site i think it says somewhere that RW products are in development.

Nope, they don't appear to be making anything for RailWorks.
Trainguy76

Unread postby micaelcorleone » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:30 pm

They even state that they are currently working on the Mojave Sub (for MSTS or Trainz or whatever it is?).
I just don't understand how one can still develop payware for MSTS (or Trainz). I mean RW is the coming number one. MSTS, slowly fades away and Trainz is like a model railroad *!!wink!!* .
MSTS is just too old and Trainz has no quality. As a company I would start to develop my products on a newer and better platform.

But maybe that's only my point of view. !*don-know!*
Last edited by micaelcorleone on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
micaelcorleone

Unread postby thecanadianrail » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Exactly my thoughts aswell!
Canadian National Railways
Courtesy and Service
My youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianRailRoader

Route Progress:
Can West RR - 10%
MRL Missoula to Thompson Falls - 3%
thecanadianrail

Unread postby micaelcorleone » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:29 pm

styckx wrote:Wasn't long ago they tried. Some rep from them tried passing off the idea of building and selling a cabless locomotive with the promise of sometime later those who bought it would get a free upgrade that would include a cab for it. After a bunch of community members basically said that was a dumb idea the rep from JR responded maturely and professionally and was never heard from again.

Indeed they did a freeware GP38-2 for Railworks.
Here's a video about it by Erik Edmonds: http://www.youtube.com/user/BNSF650#p/u/9/abnAyZRdw5M
micaelcorleone

Unread postby snootnose » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:40 pm

micaelcorleone wrote:They even state that they are currently working on the Mojave Sub (for MSTS or Trainz or whatever it is?).
I just don't understand how one can still develop payware for MSTS (or Trainz). I mean RW is the coming number one. MSTS, slowly fades away and Trainz is like a model railroad *!!wink!!* .
MSTS is just too old and Trainz has no quality. As a company I would start to develop my products on a newer and better platform.

But maybe that's only my point of view. !*don-know!*

I have to disagree with you about Trainz. Trainz is not the mickey mouse simulator it started as anymore.

MSTS still has a STRONG following with users that have a signifcant investment in it.

Alot of your comments are as a user and not a vendor/developer.

Most content creators I know are waiting for a few more things in RW to be fixed and stable before they dive into it. I will say that RW is a wideopen market place with good money making potential.
snootnose

Unread postby snootnose » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:52 pm

styckx wrote:Wasn't long ago they tried. Some rep from them tried passing off the idea of building and selling a cabless locomotive with the promise of sometime later those who bought it would get a free upgrade that would include a cab for it. After a bunch of community members basically said that was a dumb idea the rep from JR responded maturely and professionally and was never heard from again.

Justin has publicly stated he doesn't like doing cabs. He has just recently released a cab for his Trainz creations done by another modeler. Even though he has ported some of his engines to RW he has also stated that he has no interest in commercially releasing or developing engines for RW.
snootnose

Unread postby Hawk » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:45 am

glenn68 wrote:I was on Jointed Rails website, are all of the listed locomotives for Railworks?

Thanks,
Glenn

Ya' know, you might be able to get a little info at the JointedRails forum, called RailWorkUSA. *!rolleyes!*

http://railworksusa.com/index.php
Hawk

Unread postby BNSF650 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:58 pm

I know Joe Ram from RRMODS told me if more people ask me to do stuff for Railworks then he would. If anybody wants to email him and ask about Railworks models here is the site.

http://rrmods.com/

As for Jointrail goes they are really missing out. I Have also notice on the streamlines site that they took of the Railworks products comeing soon of there website.
BNSF650

Unread postby jpetersjr » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:29 pm

I have sent him a message asking him if he'd do the GE C36-7 for the game.

I hope he replies with a friendly response though.
If we work at it we can bring back the 30's and the 60's to Railworks with custom buildings, cars and routes to simulate the era.
Building up the past.
...Cheers...
Big J
jpetersjr

Return to General Discussion