Missing Kuju asset in TS2016 Route editor/World editor

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

Missing Kuju asset in TS2016 Route editor/World editor

Unread postby sidrick » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:34 pm

HELLO
I've just started with TS16 and I've been following the "Direct Route Setup" that comes with RW_Tools
All appears well until I try and add Kuju as a provider for my test route. The dropdown in the right hand pop-out window only shows DTG, RSC and SID (the one i created as a provider)
The route opens OK in edit mode but my terrain is completely blue grassed with white mesh grid... How would I go about applying a basic green textured grass terrain?
The help document suggests a selection for Terrain of Kuju/RailSimulator/Environment/Terrain/Texturing.xml
However the my TS16 folder only has Kuju/RailSimulator/Environment/Terrain/Default.xml available for selection.
i entered the lattitude and longitude of Asia, INDIA. In the assetts folder i have 4 folders DTG, Kuju, RSC, and SID(developer), still in the route editor of TS2016 when i click on the liitle blue box on the right it does not shows the kuju asset in the right dropdown menu it only shows 3 of them thats is DTG, RSC and SID
PLEASE SOME ONE HELP
THANKYOU :)
REGARDS
SID
sidrick

Re: Missing Kuju asset in TS2016 Route editor/World editor

Unread postby mikesimpson » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi Sid,

The tutorial was written back in the days of TS2012 or thereabouts at which time there a set of basic assets used by most routes in the folders Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\... and for U.S. users, Assets\Kuju\RailSimulatorUS\...

Unfortunately these Kuju folders became too unwieldy with many thousands of assets in each, so RSC/DTG decided to change the format and produce a set of assets for each individual route. These assets are in turn supplied in folders with the suffix .ap e.g. RailWorks\Assets\DTG\BristolCardiff\BristolCardiffAssets.ap

To use the terrain from one of these routes in your own route, you will need to unpack the .ap file using RW_Tools\Files\Find .ap files and then select for instance RailWorks\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\Environment\Terrain\Terrain.bin (this will then appear in the box as Terrain.xml as that is how TS2017 uses the file.

You will need to use the terrain from a route which suits your ground textures where you live, as you are in India, perhaps some of the American route textures are more appropriate than the UK ones.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Re: Missing Kuju asset in TS2016 Route editor/World editor

Unread postby sidrick » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:32 am

Hello Mike thanks alot it is solved thankyou so much :D :D :D :D :D
sidrick

Return to RW Tools