Error 432 for the latest version of RW Tools 7.0.22 in Windows 7 64X

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

Error 432 for the latest version of RW Tools 7.0.22 in Windows 7 64X

Unread postby cnbalasub » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Earlier today I install the full version plus the latest version of RW Tools in my desktop. Now this program show me that I have the version 7.0.22 for the program of RW_Tools. I am running on Windows 7 64X Ultimate desktop and I did right click the exe of RW Tools in " 'Always run this program as administrator' " Also checked three files to see if are included in RW Tools -- Serz.exe, stlport_vc10.5.2.dll, and zlibwapi.dll. They are included in the folder of RW Tools. I am not sure what is the error mean that I have tried to check " Check Routes or Scenarios " on Route Building Tools on top of this program. The error is Code 432 and look below:

Unexpected Error in RW_Tools V7.0.0022 | January 03, 2017 at 12:33:31 PM
Error:

Description:
File name or class name not found during Automation operation

Procedure:
Form_Load

Module:
frmShowRoutes

Now I need to know what have I done wrong with this and need to fix this before can run this program of RW Tools.

Thank you,

John
cnbalasub

Re: Error 432 for the latest version of RW Tools 7.0.22 in Windows 7 64X

Unread postby mikesimpson » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi John,

Sorry, but I have never seen that Error 432 before, in fact it is not even listed in the Help file for Visual Basic and I had to do a Google search to see what it was.

The error description you got 'File name or class name not found during Automation operation' would tend to indicate that one of the routes you were loading in the 'Check Routes' option had a missing file somewhere, but it is very difficult to guess where this problem occurs.

If you go to the Scenarios/Edit Scenario menu, do you get the same error as that option uses much the same code to load the scenario editor form and list of routes.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Unread postby cnbalasub » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi Mike,

OK when I clicked the icon of your program, RW_Tools on desktop and got the error message but I decided to continue to hit 35 more times with the same message as I posted above. Then a new error message pop up on the monitor screen. Look below:

RW_Tools 2016

/ ! \ Error 9 occurred please advise
A=*
strRoutexml
=H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Railworks\content\Routes\fe838ea-3d66-4e41-99-055d60eb2935\RouteProperties.xml

Will wait to hear from you about this.

John
cnbalasub

Unread postby buzz456 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:13 pm

I suggest you uninstall RWTools and start over. I think something got borked in your installation. I use this thing every day and see none of these problems.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby cnbalasub » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:39 pm

I already have uninstalled this twice and will try one more time to see if that will work or not.

John
cnbalasub

Unread postby cnbalasub » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:31 pm

Still the same with this stuff. I did right-click on the exe of RW_Tools to install from the desktop to the main drive, C:\ then other files from Martin Wright copied itself. That's done and check the program properties to make sure that I have the checkmark in the box for 'Always run this program as administrator' then close the properties box. I clicked the icon of RW_Tools from the desktop to startup and got the same error message. I don't know what have caused this problem to prevent the program of RW_Tools from working properly. Maybe my program of Windows 7 64X Ultimate or something else with the operating system I don't know.

Thanks,

John
cnbalasub

Unread postby buzz456 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:10 pm

Files from Martin Wright?
Buzz
39 and holding.
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby cnbalasub » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:56 pm

OK after install the program of RW_Tools then another application popped up to install. It's Mwgfxdll.EXE and that's Martin Wright from the UK I believe?? Hope Mike Simpson will see this and he will give a better answer about this.

John
cnbalasub

Unread postby cnbalasub » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:28 am

I think the best for me is " don't bother to install the program of RW_Tools unless someone who might be able to help to fix this error." I have been installing and uninstalling all evening also all day too. I strongly feel that this is nothing to do with Mike Simpson's RW_Tools. More likely is my desktop with the operating system of Windows 7 64X Ultimate. If anyone who is a computer geek might know what is the error code with Error 432 and hopefully can help me with to install the program of RW_Tools properly on my desktop otherwise forget about this.

Thank you,

John
cnbalasub

Unread postby buzz456 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 am

I have the same OS that you do. My RWTools sits in the folder called Rail Utilities and yes there is a .dll in the RWTools folder by that name. I also have a MWGFX folder in my Program Files(x86) which holds DXTBmp. I'm pretty sure that I was never asked to install any separate program when I installed RWTools since I have it on four different computers I think I would have remembered that. Maybe Mike can help shed some light on that issue.
Buzz
39 and holding.
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby mikesimpson » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:52 pm

RW_Tools has at least 20,000 users and I have never had this error reported before. So as I said, I have no idea what the problem is.

Yes, when you get to the end of the Full install routine for RW_Tools, it does indeed install Martin Wright's graphic utilities, you can also do this manually by running the file mwgfxdll.exe in the RW_Tools folder. This option adds the graphics items to RW_Tools to enable you to view .tgpcdx files etc from within the program.

You have mentioned that after going through the errors, you end up with an error in Routes\fe838ea-3d66-4e41-99-055d60eb2935\RouteProperties.xml - This is not a DTG route, so I wonder if there is something wrong with this route causing the error to occur in the Check Routes area? It might be worth your while moving this route folder to a temporary folder outside of railworks and then running RW_Tools again to see if the error still occurs.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Unread postby cnbalasub » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi Mike,

Yes it is very strange with the error for your program, RW_Tools on my desktop. As you see my message over at the forum of uktrainsim abut this. I strongly feel that the problem is with my desktop running Windows 7 64X Ultimate and nothing to do with your program.

No problem to install Martin Wright's files itself after installed RW_Tools.

At last yes I did remove the weird folder out of Routes folder and leave it on desktop to see if that make a difference. Unfortunately it doesn't make a difference because I get the same stupid error with Error 432.

I am not sure what else to look for to fix the problem? We have tried everything but still the same error with Error 432. Unless someone out here in this forum is a computer geek or nerd or genius know how to fix the problem with Error 432?

John
cnbalasub

Return to RW Tools