Cloning procedural assets.

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

Cloning procedural assets.

Unread postby RAILSOHIO » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:59 pm

RW Tools tells me this is not possible. I would like to clone the Kujo Grass Bank into different grass and ballast colors. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\scenery\Procedural Is this one of those assets that has to have the Ap files unpacked? I have never needed to do that before. Just looking to see if there is an easy way to do it. Any help is appreciated.
RAILSOHIO

Re: Cloning procedural assets.

Unread postby buzz456 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:30 pm

It is all in the .ap so in any event if you want to work with it you will have to unpack the procedural folder.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby mikesimpson » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:29 pm

The folder Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\scenery\Procedural is not in an .ap file, so there should be nothing to unpack there. At least if you have the original Kuju files from an early version of TrainSimulator.

The Grass bank has 3 files, Grass_Bank.bin, Grass_Bank.geopcdx and Grass_Bank.xsec all 3 of these can be opened in RW_Tools, suggest you just copy each file and rename the copies Grass_Bank2.bin etc and internally rename Grass_Bank.bin under <DisplayName> to Grass Bank2 Loft and under <CrossSectionID change the entry to Grass_Bank2

In both the .geopcdx and .xsec files change the entry
<Texture>
<e d:type="cDeltaString">textures\[08]grass_bank</e>
to read grass_bank2

Now you can go into the Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\scenery\Procedural\Textures folder and reskin the Grass_bank.tgpcdx and the grass_bank_wi.tgpcdx textures to whatever colours you like and save them as Grass_bank2.tgpcdx and grass_bank2_wi.tgpcdx and you should now have a new color scheme. For extras, do the same again but use 3 instead of 2 in the edits.

That should work.
Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Unread postby buzz456 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:53 pm

You are right Mike. *!embar*! I looked in the US folder and there is a .ap but none in the RailSimulator folder.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby RAILSOHIO » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:29 am

Mike
Thanks for you timely answer. Most of my repainting has been with items that have their own dedicated file-folder,so I was not sure about the structure. I will give it a shot,when I get the chance.
RAILSOHIO

Return to RW Tools