Foreign Keystrokes to English Converter

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

Foreign Keystrokes to English Converter

Unread postby rrroberttt » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:29 pm

Hello Mike, Just a thought, Have you ever considered a module to RW Tools, that could change keystrokes for some of the Foreign Railway Engines, that I have encountered that cannot be used by Those of us that are English speakers? I would think that this can also be of benefit to those whose keyboards, are not the same as English speakers. For instance I have an number of French engines, some, the authors have made the conversions so that The English, as well as, the French keyboards will work. The same is true of the Italian rolling stock. Some can be used by both, but a lot cannot, because of the difference in the keyboards.

Thank you,

Robert
rrroberttt

Re: Foreign Keystrokes to English Converter

Unread postby mikesimpson » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi Robert,

Sorry but I have no idea how to do this, I have had enough problems making RW_Tools compatible with assets with accented letters either in the names of the assets or in the folders they exist in.

There are a huge number of possible keyboards out there, and where do you stop, virtually every country in Europe has different accented letters on their keyboards and once you start, you then get people wanting Cyrillic or Arabic options as well.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Unread postby rrroberttt » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:57 am

Thank you Mike.

Robert
rrroberttt

Unread postby OldProf » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:04 pm

Every letter plus diacritical symbol in use in any of the world's alphabets has its own ASCII symbol and, in theory at least, can be reproduced using these symbols. Whether TS's editors will accept and reproduce them is another matter, but might be worth a try.
Tom Pallen (Old Prof)

{Win 10 Home 64-bit; Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz; 16.0GB Single-Channel @ 1063 MHz (15-15-15-364); 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960}
OldProf

Unread postby Chacal » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:50 pm

You don't need a special program for this.
By default, keys are defined in an input mapper blueprint.
Example: Assets\Kuju\RailSimulatorCore\InputMappers\Default_Expert.bin
This can be customized for each engine, if so you will find the new remapper file referenced in the engine template:
<StopgoRemapper d:type="cDeltaString">RS3_Expert</StopgoRemapper>
<IntermediateRemapper d:type="cDeltaString">RS3_Expert</IntermediateRemapper>
<ExpertRemapper d:type="cDeltaString">RS3_Expert</ExpertRemapper>

Once you have found the correct input mapper blueprint, open it in RW-Tools and edit the keys to your liking.
Over the hill and gathering speed
Chacal

Return to RW Tools