Creating new scenery issue

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

Creating new scenery issue

Unread postby BoilerUp » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:43 pm

Hey Mike,

Having an issue direct creating a new route. In the tutorial you mention the advanced options for Sky, weather, terrain etc. Im not sure if the tutorial is just from an older version of RW tools cause now they are all required to create the route? I went ahead and set the targets/paths to the respective .bin files in the Kuju folder. If I open the route in TS, I don't get a black earth, but rather a blue print textured terrain (no grass and not black). Forum wont allow me to upload pictures for some reason. I also can't select Kuju from the object filters menu as it is not there. I know you said this eliminates the earth from being black, but I'm only seeing blueprint textured terrain when I load up the route in editor.

Thanks!
Last edited by BoilerUp on Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoilerUp

Re: Creating new scenery issue

Unread postby BoilerUp » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Was new to forums here are the screenshots.
Attachments
Problem1.jpg
RW Tools Example of how I was forced to fill in the Advanced options
Problem1.jpg (174.5 KiB) Viewed 901 times
Problem.jpeg
Result of created template when opened in TS Route edtior
Problem.jpeg (430.3 KiB) Viewed 901 times
BoilerUp

Unread postby mikesimpson » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Hi,

A couple of things are involved here.

1. Yes the tutorial was written for an earlier version of Train Simulator, which assumed that everyone would have an Assets\Kuju \RailSimulatorCore folder installed. This is probably no longer the case, (although many routes still do install the Kuju assets) so it will be necessary for the user to use folders for Weather/Terrain/TimeOfDay that they actually have.

2. You have set both Lat and Long to 1.1 - this is in the middle of the Atlantic, you need to set these to valid Lat/Long settings.

3. If you only have default DTG routes installed, they you will need to unpack some of the Assets .ap files which ship with these routes to enable finding suitable Weather/Terrain/TimeOfDay folders to use in your route.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Unread postby BoilerUp » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Mike,

Thanks for your quick help... the Lat/Long coordinates were just random for the purpose of the screen shot. I've got the real world ones on my template pictured above.

Ill give this a try and post my results here.

*!!thnx!!*
BoilerUp

Unread postby BoilerUp » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Worked! I ended up keeping my Seasonal Sky's aimed at the KUJU folder. For terrain and weather fields, I pointed them towards an unzipped .AP DTG Miami/Amtrak routes respective .bin files.

I'm assuming this means Miami is now a dependency in the final product once everything gets packed up?
BoilerUp

Unread postby mikesimpson » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Yes, if you release your route, then it would be necessary for the end user to also have the Miami route.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Return to RW Tools