Error when creating a new route

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

Error when creating a new route

Unread postby SAR704 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:10 am

In the last fortnight or so, I've been getting this error message when using the 'Direct route setup' in RW tools from the route building tools menu.

Error #53 File not found

Module: frmRoute
Procedure: Command4_Click

I think it may have something to do with the C:\program files folder being read only, but I'm not sure how to change this. It's only been acting up in the last fortnight or so. Is there a way to fix this?
ATI Radeon 4800 series
8GB RAM
Intel Core i3-3220 3.30ghz
SAR704

Re: Error when creating a new route

Unread postby mikesimpson » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:31 pm

SAR704 wrote:In the last fortnight or so, I've been getting this error message when using the 'Direct route setup' in RW tools from the route building tools menu.

Error #53 File not found

Module: frmRoute
Procedure: Command4_Click

I think it may have something to do with the C:\program files folder being read only, but I'm not sure how to change this. It's only been acting up in the last fortnight or so. Is there a way to fix this?

Hi, There could be a couple of ways this could happen:-
1. Make sure that the file RW_Tools\Templates\AdvRoute15.txt exists, otherwise you will need to reinstall RW_Tools

2. Make sure you are running RW_Tools as administrator (right click on RW_Tools.exe and select Properties/Compatability and tick the box at the bottom 'Always run as administrator'

3. It is not a good idea to have your Steam folder in the C:\Program Files folder as Windows 7/8/10 have problems writing to that folder depending upon your security settings.
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Re: Error when creating a new route

Unread postby SAR704 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:00 am

Forgot about checking to see if "Run as administrator" was ticked for some reason. Cheers for that. Works fine now.
ATI Radeon 4800 series
8GB RAM
Intel Core i3-3220 3.30ghz
SAR704

Missing Kuju provider in TS2016 Route editor/World editor

Unread postby sidrick » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:38 am

HELLO
I've just started with TS16 and I've been following the "Direct Route Setup" that comes with RW_Tools
All appears well until I try and add Kuju as a provider for my test route. The dropdown in the right hand pop-out window only shows DTG, RSC and SID (the one i created as a provider)
The route opens OK in edit mode but my terrain is completely blue grassed with white mesh grid... How would I go about applying a basic green textured grass terrain?
The help document suggests a selection for Terrain of Kuju/RailSimulator/Environment/Terrain/Texturing.xml
However the TS17 folder only has Kuju/RailSimulator/Environment/Terrain/Default.xml available for selection.
i entered the lattitude and longitude of Asia, INDIA. In the assetts folder i have 4 folders DTG, Kuju, RSC, and SID(developer), still in the route editor of TS2016 when i click on the liitle blue box on the right it does not shows the kuju asset in the right dropdown menu it only shows 3 of them thats is DTG, RSC and SID
PLEASE SOME ONE HELP
THANKYOU :)
REGARDS
SID
sidrick

Return to RW Tools