Trying to locate the marker & marker_bin files from RW Tools

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

Trying to locate the marker & marker_bin files from RW Tools

Unread postby charrock10 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:52 pm

[b] This post is mainly for Mike Simpson. I was looking at a tutorial by Cactusjuice on how to make route markers with the RW Tools program. He was showing how to install the RW Tools program and set it up so you could make route markers in the game. After he got to the install, update and set up for the file folder in TS 2016, he had two more files that needed to be place in the RW Tools file (marker & marker_bin). Do these files suppose to come with the RW Tool download or do they come from somewhere else. Can you help me.
charrock10

Re: Trying to locate the marker & marker_bin files from RW Tools

Unread postby mikesimpson » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:34 pm

charrock10 wrote:[b] This post is mainly for Mike Simpson. I was looking at a tutorial by Cactusjuice on how to make route markers with the RW Tools program. He was showing how to install the RW Tools program and set it up so you could make route markers in the game. After he got to the install, update and set up for the file folder in TS 2016, he had two more files that needed to be place in the RW Tools file (marker & marker_bin). Do these files suppose to come with the RW Tool download or do they come from somewhere else. Can you help me.

I have not seen this tutorial, so have no idea what type of markers the tutorial author is talking about. There is a tutorial on my own site on placing markers from Google Earth or even old MSTS marker files into TS2016 at http://www.rstools.info/tutorials/Marker_Tutorial.pdf however there are other markers in TS2016 such as platform markers etc so without more detail, I can't help.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Re: Mike Simpson's Route Marker Tutorial

Unread postby charrock10 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:27 pm

This is for Mike Simpson, will your tutorial on route markers work for fictional created routes?
charrock10

Re: Markers.dcsv & marker_bin

Unread postby charrock10 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:27 pm

This is for Mike Simpson. Sorry for being a pest, the files that cactusjuice said to download along with RW Tools are markers.dcsv and marker_bin. Do you know where I can download them from. Thanks
charrock10

Re: Mike Simpson's Route Marker Tutorial

Unread postby mikesimpson » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:44 pm

charrock10 wrote:This is for Mike Simpson, will your tutorial on route markers work for fictional created routes?

No, it is intended for use with Google Earth to enable a user to place markers in the route to show where things like bridges, junctions etc should be placed. However if you use the Google overlay this is probably irrelevant now.
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Re: Markers.dcsv & marker_bin

Unread postby mikesimpson » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:47 pm

charrock10 wrote:This is for Mike Simpson. Sorry for being a pest, the files that cactusjuice said to download along with RW Tools are markers.dcsv and marker_bin. Do you know where I can download them from. Thanks

I think he may have intended the word 'markers' to have just indicated the name of a particular marker. e.g. If you place a marker using Google Earth and name it 'Shed' then the marker files which appear in your RouteMarkers folder will be named 'Shed.dcsv' and 'Shed.bin' - you don't download these, the program produces them.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Unread postby charrock10 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:18 pm

This is for Mike Simpson. Thanks for your help and I'll try to figure out his method using RW Tools.
charrock10

Re: Donation For Key Code TO RW Tools

Unread postby charrock10 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:24 pm

For Mike Simpson. After several hours and 30 try's I finally got the hang of making route markers.
I want too get the key code for RW Tools and I'm using pay pal for the first time. In the section (your shipping address) do I put my email address there or leave my shipping address.
charrock10

Re: Donation For Key Code TO RW Tools

Unread postby mikesimpson » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:50 pm

charrock10 wrote:For Mike Simpson. After several hours and 30 try's I finally got the hang of making route markers.
I want too get the key code for RW Tools and I'm using pay pal for the first time. In the section (your shipping address) do I put my email address there or leave my shipping address.

Just leave it as your shipping address (does not matter really, nothing is shipped) - PayPal send me the users email address which is what I need to send the license key.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Re: Pay Pal Info

Unread postby charrock10 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:46 pm

This for Mike Simpson. Thanks Mike.
charrock10

Unread postby mikesimpson » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:59 am

charrock10 wrote:This for Mike Simpson. Thanks Mike.

The email I received from PayPal gave your email address as
charrocks52@****** (removed by moderator)

Unfortunately, the email I sent to that address was rejected as being an invalid address?

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Unread postby charrock10 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:57 pm

This is for mike Simpson. I contacted Play Pal and they said that the Email address was good and activated. They said that you should contact them and see what went wrong.
charrock10

Unread postby mikesimpson » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:25 pm

I have resent from a different email provider, hopefully you will get it this time.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Unread postby mikesimpson » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:39 pm

Sorry but the email address charrocks52@****** (removed by moderator) was rejected by my other email provider as well. Surely you know if your own email address is valid or not? Do you actually receive any emails at this address?

If you have another email address, I will send the license file there.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Re: Email

Unread postby charrock10 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:43 am

This for Mike Simpson. I do receive Email at that address. I'll give you my main email address. brystarz ****at**** aol ****dot**** com

Moderator edit:
- you should not post e-mail addresses in a public forum;
- if you want to write to Mike, send him a PM instead of a public post. Or contact him through his web site.
charrock10

Next

Return to RW Tools