Scenarios disappearing from simulator after saving in RW tools

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

Scenarios disappearing from simulator after saving in RW tools

Unread postby krom0025 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:10 am

When I clone and edit a scenario in RW tools and then I save it, it disappears from the game. I know it saves the scenario and even creates a folder for it as I am able to view the saved files in my file explorer. It doesn't seem to matter if I clone the scenario in RW tools or directly in TS16. If I clone the scenario in TS16 and then open it, I can play it. It only disappears after editing and re-saving in RW tools. I'm not doing any advanced editing, just swapping locos in some scenarios. Thanks for your help.
krom0025

Re: Scenarios disappearing from simulator after saving in RW tools

Unread postby mikesimpson » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:21 pm

If you clone a scenario, either with RW_Tools or using TS2016, then the new scenario will be in a new folder and hopefully you will have given the clone a new name.
Do the clones appear in RW_Tools Scenario Editor once you have cloned them, but before you have tried editing them?

Once you edit a scenario in RW_Tools, then when you save it, the files Scenario.bin and ScenarioProperties.xml in the scenario folder will be renamed by having .bak added to the filename. So you can always revert to whatever the original state of the scenario was by deleting the new Scenario.bin etc and renaming Scenario.bin.bak to its original name.

There should however be no problems with this option as some thousands of users of the program have not reported any problems recently? I assume you are using the latest version from my site?

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Return to RW Tools