Only able to modify 1 consist at a time, is this normal?

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

Only able to modify 1 consist at a time, is this normal?

Unread postby Tuddley3 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:52 pm

When editing scenarios, I can only modify 1 consist at a time. For large scenarios this takes forever. I can change certain locos or wagons in all consists, which is fine and dandy, but it would be nice to be able to go down the consist list and edit them without having to save, reload scenario, and do the next consist, save, reload scenario etc etc. When I try to do all consists without saving each consist individually, it seems to forget I changed something in the previous consist in the list, and when I reload that scenario it only shows I changed 1 consist and not multiple consists at a time. With large scenarios after clicking Edit Scenario, it can take up to 10-15 minutes to load the scenario in the editor, and it can take hours to edit one scenario if there are a whole bunch of consists.

Or is it possible to change multiple consists at a time and I'm doing something wrong?
Tuddley3

Re: Only able to modify 1 consist at a time, is this normal?

Unread postby buzz456 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:17 pm

It changes multiple items here. Not sure what your problem is.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Re: Only able to modify 1 consist at a time, is this normal?

Unread postby mikesimpson » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:30 pm

Tuddley3 wrote:When editing scenarios, I can only modify 1 consist at a time. For large scenarios this takes forever. I can change certain locos or wagons in all consists, which is fine and dandy, but it would be nice to be able to go down the consist list and edit them without having to save, reload scenario, and do the next consist, save, reload scenario etc etc. When I try to do all consists without saving each consist individually, it seems to forget I changed something in the previous consist in the list, and when I reload that scenario it only shows I changed 1 consist and not multiple consists at a time. With large scenarios after clicking Edit Scenario, it can take up to 10-15 minutes to load the scenario in the editor, and it can take hours to edit one scenario if there are a whole bunch of consists.

Or is it possible to change multiple consists at a time and I'm doing something wrong?

Hi, I am using a PC with an old Intel i7 960 CPU, Nvidia GTX780 video and my larger scenarios usually load in 2-3 minutes - I suppose if you had a large U.S. route with hundreds of cars in yards then it could take 10 mins but that does seem excessive.

As a test, I edited the Cajon Pass 'Ridin' the Chief' scenario by changing the loco in one consist and the first car in each of another 3 consists, then clicked the 'Save Changes to Scenario' button. Then I opened the scenario again and checked the consists and all 4 were correctly edited. So as Buzz456 says, the option does work.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Return to RW Tools