Change Career Scenarios to Standard.

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

Change Career Scenarios to Standard.

Unread postby ValleyBoy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:21 pm

I like to change all the "Career" scenarios to "Standard" using the "Make all....." button in RWTools. However in many of my routes not all the Career scenarios show up in the "Scenario/Edit" section of RWTools. As an example the new Rewards UP Military Special scenario is listed in the "Career" section of Sherman Hill when I open TS2016 but it is not listed in the Sherman Hill section of RWTools so I cannot convert it to "Standard".
Can anyone suggest how to overcome this minor snag?
Brian Wilson
ValleyBoy

Re: Change Career Scenarios to Standard.

Unread postby OldProf » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:53 pm

Possibly, that scenario is locked up in an AP file that will have to be unpacked before the scenario shows up in RW Tools. I suggest that you make a copy of the scenario before converting it to Standard and give your new Standard version a slightly different name. 'Hope this works. If not, more experienced folks will surely advise you.
Tom Pallen (Old Prof)

{Win 10 Home 64-bit; Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz; 16.0GB Single-Channel @ 1063 MHz (15-15-15-364); 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960}
OldProf

Unread postby ValleyBoy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:58 am

Problem solved.
I was unpacking the .ap files incorrectly. After unzipping I was moving the "scenario" file instead of opening the "scenario" file and then moving all the individual scenario files.
Brian
ValleyBoy

Unread postby OldProf » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:10 pm

ValleyBoy wrote:Problem solved.
I was unpacking the .ap files incorrectly. After unzipping I was moving the "scenario" file instead of opening the "scenario" file and then moving all the individual scenario files.
Brian

Huh? Isn't a scenario's type (standard, career, etc.) determined by its marker? How can moving scenario files change their type?
!**conf**!
Tom Pallen (Old Prof)

{Win 10 Home 64-bit; Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz; 16.0GB Single-Channel @ 1063 MHz (15-15-15-364); 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960}
OldProf

Unread postby ValleyBoy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:32 pm

Tom:
Sorry for the confusion; I didn't explain myself fully enough.
When I unzipped the .ap file the result was a scenario file. I was mistakenly dragging and dropping this scenario file into the scenario folder of the route. What I should have been doing was to first open the scenario file and then drag and drop the resulting numbered scenario files into the scenario folder of the route. Once I did this correctly the career scenarios showed up in red in RWTools where I was able to change them to standard.
Hope this explanation clears up the confusion I caused.
Brian.
ValleyBoy

Unread postby OldProf » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:10 pm

ValleyBoy wrote:Tom:
Sorry for the confusion; I didn't explain myself fully enough.
When I unzipped the .ap file the result was a scenario file. I was mistakenly dragging and dropping this scenario file into the scenario folder of the route. What I should have been doing was to first open the scenario file and then drag and drop the resulting numbered scenario files into the scenario folder of the route. Once I did this correctly the career scenarios showed up in red in RWTools where I was able to change them to standard.
Hope this explanation clears up the confusion I caused.
Brian.

!!*ok*!!
!!howdy!!
Tom Pallen (Old Prof)

OldProf

Return to RW Tools