Can swap 20 cars at a time??

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

Can swap 20 cars at a time??

Unread postby cnbalasub » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:36 pm

I am not sure if I can swap twenty hopper cars with the same name that I don't have but replaced with another 20 hopper cars with the same name that I have in Assets. Can I or not? Please advise.If yes, then how?? I think that I can highlight all the same name hopper cars then swap with all hopper cars with the same name once.

Let me know about this

-- John
cnbalasub

Re: Can swap 20 cars at a time??

Unread postby mikesimpson » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi John,

In RW_Tools go to the Scenarios menu/Edit Scenarios, select the route and scenario you wish to modify and click the 'Edit Selected Scenario' button.

In the 'Scenario Editor' screen which appears, proceed as follows:-
1. Select the Consist you wish to alter in the 'Consists' list
2. This will display your hoppers in the 'Selected Consist' box
3. In the right hand column, tick the 'Freight' button
4. In the bottom right list select the folder where your existing hoppers are, e.g. Kuju\RailSimulatorUS\RailVehicles\Freight or similar
5. Click the 'Find available rolling stock' button
6. You will now get a list of available freight wagons in the 'Available Stock' box
7. Select the one you wish to use in 'Available Stock' and the one you wish to replace in the 'Selected Consist' box
8. Click 'Swap all identical' and all the hoppers in that consist will be swapped out.
9. As an alternative, you could use 'Swap in EVERY consist' which would change the hoppers in every consist you have for the route in question.
10. After making the swaps, click the 'Save Changes in Scenario' button. And all should be well

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Re: Can swap 20 cars at a time??

Unread postby cnbalasub » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:05 pm

Mike -- I want to say thank you for the tutorial and find it much easier to swap all identical. Appreciated your help with me for this.

-- John
cnbalasub

Return to RW Tools