RW_Tools Program in what drive of the computer?

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

RW_Tools Program in what drive of the computer?

Unread postby cnbalasub » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:25 pm

I have a question about where to install the program of RW_Tools in computer? Right now I find the program of RW_Tools run very slow by opening in Available Stock box. No problem to click the program of RW_Tools but after this like start with " Edit Scenarios " and click the available rolling stock in right pane takes very slow to fill out with all available rolling stock that I have in my Train Simulator program? Anyway my program of Train Simulator -- 2016 is in H:/ drive (SSD) and RW_Tools is in the main drive -- C:/ with another SSD. I wonder if that is why it takes longer to show all the available rolling stock in right pane of the RW_Tools program. Should I move this program of RW_Tools to be with the program of Train Simulator -- 2016 in the same drive -- H:/?

Let me know about this.

John
cnbalasub

Re: RW_Tools Program in what drive of the computer?

Unread postby mikesimpson » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:56 pm

RW_Tools can be on any drive, should not make any difference.

When looking for available stock, first select the type by selecting the appropriate button such as Diesel, Freight etc, then in the box on the bottom right navigate to the folder where the file you wish to use is likely to be situated, e.g. DTG\SoldierSummit\RailVehicles\Freight and the available items should appear quickly. If you just navigate to say Railworks\Assets then it will take for ever as it has to search through EVERY folder in Assets which can be hundreds of thousands of files.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Return to RW Tools