Can change the name of rolling stock??

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

Can change the name of rolling stock??

Unread postby cnbalasub » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:19 pm

I wonder if I can change the rolling stock because I have tried with RW_Tools program to swap the rolling stock. But for some reasons on the right pane of RW_Tools won't come up with the available rolling stock so I can click one to match the missing rolling stock in " Available Stock " For example someone created the scenario and one of the rolling stock he put in with all lower case and look below:

Missing items:-

H:\Steam\SteamApps\common\RailWorks\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulatorUS\railvehicles\freight\tankcar\v3\wagon\tank_car_v3.bin
H:\Steam\SteamApps\common\RailWorks\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulatorUS\railvehicles\freight\tankcar\v3\wagon\tank_car_v3.bin

In the program of RW_Tools show me the name of rolling stock, Tank Car v3 that is for this scenario. I know I can change this in the program of Conbuilder for Microsoft Train Simulator but with Railworks Train Simulator -- I don't know.

Anyone know if can change the name of rolling stock instead of swap rolling stock because of the same train consist.

John
cnbalasub

Re: Can change the name of rolling stock??

Unread postby harryadkins » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:19 pm

The manual that comes with RW Tools will explain all of those details.
harryadkins

Unread postby Chacal » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:32 pm

The swap function in RW-Tools is really what you need.
Use "Swap in every consist" to save time.
Over the hill and gathering speed
Chacal

Unread postby OldProf » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:48 pm

harryadkins wrote:The manual that comes with RW Tools will explain all of those details.

I loudly applaud you attempt to lead users to manuals, getting them to actually for the habit of reading them before whining on line is practically impossible: and that's why forums exist. The advantage of reading a manual is that the information contained there is extremely likely to be correct and helpful, whereas replies to a forum request for advice are (in my experience, anyway), at best, a mixture of 1) off-topic grousing, 2) on-topic but wrong, and 3) on topic and correct . . . in order of quantity and probability.

!!howdy!! !!jabber!!
Tom Pallen (Old Prof)

{Win 10 Home 64-bit; Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz; 16.0GB Single-Channel @ 1063 MHz (15-15-15-364); 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960}
OldProf

Unread postby cnbalasub » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:28 pm

First of all where is the manual?? Are you talking about the program of RW_Tools that swap the rolling stock. Well it's not good enough there sorry. Also you miss one part that I already try to click on the right pane of RW_Tools in Edit Scenarios to see the available rolling stock few times but got blank in the box. That is why I am asking for alternative method to change the name of rolling stock which I do have in my Railworks folder.

Thank you,

John
cnbalasub

Unread postby Chacal » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:37 pm

The manual is on rstools.info.
I think I can guess the cause of your rpoblem.
RWTools cannot see assets that are archived in an .ap file (such as the RailSimulatorUS assets you are looking for).
First you must extract them. You can use RW-Tools for this, the instructions for this are in the manual.
Alternatively you can do this manually using an utility such as 7zip.

Then you should see them in the available assets.
Over the hill and gathering speed
Chacal

Unread postby mikesimpson » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:17 pm

If you have the latest full download of RW_Tools, then the manual, named RW_Tools_Help.pdf should be in your RW_Tools folder. If not then you can download it from my site at http://www.rstools.info/helpfiles/rw_tools_help/RW_Tools_Help.zip

There are also various tutorials on my above site which should help you out.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Unread postby cnbalasub » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:07 am

Thank you to Mike for the link to read the manual. And to others I agree that I should have read the manual first before doing something in RW_Tools.

John
cnbalasub

Unread postby jalsina » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:32 pm

cnbalasub wrote:Thank you to Mike for the link to read the manual. And to others I agree that I should have read the manual first before doing something in RW_Tools.

John

I have never read the manual since I have RW_Tools. **!!bang!!** I didn't read the manual either for the great apps by Mike Simpson in MSTS.
I don't use it for all it can be used, but I use it every day, not less than 5-6 times to open mostly bin files (and editing when required).
Intel i7-4790K (8M, 4.40 GHz) - MSI Z97 MB - 16 GB DDR3 RAM 2400 MHz
GPU EVGA GTX-1060 OC 6GB at 1920x1080, 144 Hz - Monitor ASUS VG-248QE
WD 7200 rpm HD
jalsina

Unread postby mikesimpson » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:16 pm

In fact the manual is well out of date in some sections, but I think most other items which have been changed can be found in the Tutorials section of my web site.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Return to RW Tools