Mis Placed Asset in new PLE Route

Post your problems and installation issues here!

Mis Placed Asset in new PLE Route

Unread postby dick8299 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:07 pm

I downloaded and installed the latest version of the P&LE Route from the file library. After running an RW_Tools check of the route, I discovered that RW_Tools reported a missing track item (30m turntable) that is located in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Assets\RailNetwork\Turntable\30mturntable\30mturntable.bin

I created the 30m turntable and it is a Developer - Addon asset. It has no business being copied and pasted into the asset folder that the route has it in.
dick8299

Re: Mis Placed Asset in new PLE Route

Unread postby NDORFN » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:01 pm

It would be ok if it was included in the asset folder under it's original folder structure (ie. your developer name etc...) though right?
Last edited by NDORFN on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NDORFN

Unread postby artimrj » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:04 pm

I have it there and also in the Developer folder and another one called the 30mcsxturntable on my P&LE installation.
Bob Artim
North Eastern Rail Works - NERW

Good, yes, you done well; there is a small price, the history of the world.

AMD Phenom II x6 1045T @ 2.7 GHz, 8 gig of Ram, NVidia GTX 760 2 Gig, 4 TB of Maxtor HDs, Win 7 64 bit
artimrj
Site Admin

Unread postby dick8299 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:11 pm

The functional problem is that the misplaced 30m turntable bin file points to the legitimate geometry, animation, and texture files in the original installation position (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Assets\Developer\Addon\RailNetwork\Turntable\30mturntable) and if someone installs the route and does not have the original installation, they will get an SBHH message when trying to load the route.

The unknown problem is how RW3 handles multiple copies of the same bin file in different locations but with the same display name. When a route builder that has both installations selects the 30m turntable from the asset list, which one does RW3 install?

My question is why the illegitimate copy was made in the first place.
dick8299

Unread postby artimrj » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:51 pm

dick8299 wrote:My question is why the illegitimate copy was made in the first place.

That I can not answer, but wonder if that is part of the problem some people are having with the route.
Bob Artim
North Eastern Rail Works - NERW

Good, yes, you done well; there is a small price, the history of the world.

AMD Phenom II x6 1045T @ 2.7 GHz, 8 gig of Ram, NVidia GTX 760 2 Gig, 4 TB of Maxtor HDs, Win 7 64 bit
artimrj
Site Admin

Return to Problems and Peculiarities